Based in Edmonton, AB
Original Release date:
November 30, 2013
December 3, 2014
“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you...”
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to strip you of the powers that are your birthright.
Can you resist the evil within you, forge a legend of heroic proportions, and ultimately destroy the dark essence that haunts your dreams? Or will you embrace your monstrous nature, carve a swath of destruction across the realms, and ascend to godhood as the new Lord of Murder?
Originally released in 2001, Baldur's Gate II is an epic Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition game set in Wizards of the Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms. Journey to expansive locales such as Athkatla, Trademeet and the Windspear Hills. Experience the wonders (and terrors) of The Underdark, the elven city of Suldanessellar and even, perhaps, the Hells themselves. Combat all manner of beasts, demons and men, deal with thieves and vampires and change the face of Faerun forevermore in what has been described as the best RPG of all time.
With four epic new adventures, new characters to join your party and The Black Pits II: Gladiators of Thay, a completely new combat module for BGII:EE, there is over 30 hours of new content to explore. There's never been a better time to revisit Amn - or journey for the first time.
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the original Shadows of Amn campaign, as well as the following expansions:
- Shadows of Amn: Continue the Baldur's Gate saga in the region of Amn, recruiting allies and vanquishing foes in pursuit of the mad wizard who seeks to rob you of your birthright.
- Throne of Bhaal: Travel to Tethyr in this thrilling conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, and delve into the treasure-filled halls of Watcher’s Keep!
- The Black Pits II: Explore the tactical depth of high-level combat in this stand-alone adventure. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.
- A Price Paid in Blood: Join the Blackguard Dorn in carving a swath of destruction across the Realms, as he struggles to appease the increasingly bloody demands of his dark patron.
- Fist of the Fallen: Help the Sun Soul Monk Rasaad find peace in his quest for vengeance, and determine the fate of a heretical sect.
- In Defense of the Wild: Protect the innocent and stand with Neera the Wild Mage against a ruthless school of Red Wizards.
- A Voice in the Dark: Recruit the mysterious Thief Hexxat and take up her mission of retrieving long lost artifacts from tombs as far away as Zakhara.
- The Black Pits II - Gladiators of Thay: Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Turn your captors against each other while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and the legendary Githyanki.
- Gallery of Heroes II: Expand your character collection with these six beautifully painted hero portraits from acclaimed artist Keiren Yanner!
- Easy Multiplayer: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
What's New in 2.0
March 31, 2016
- New Class: The Shaman
- New Cleric Kit: The Priest of Tyr
- Class Ability Tweak: Poison Weapon now scales with levels
- Item Tweak: Stupefier +1 has been adjusted to be more in line with the game's other equipment
- Spell Tweak: Enchanted Weapon now modifies the target's existing weapons
- Items can now be placed in the Off-Hand slot while ranged and two-handed weapons are equipped
- Steam Cloud Save support has been added (Steam only)
- The User Interface has been overhauled with a new system
- Dozens of modder-friendly enhancements
- Hundreds of bug fixes
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release Trailer YouTube
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Launch Trailer YouTube
Logos & Icons
BGII:EE 2.0 Release Notes
Find out what's new in the 2.0 Release! [PDF]
BGII:EE 1.3 Release Notes
Find out what's new in the 1.3 Release! [PDF]
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition website
The website for BGII:EE is available at www.baldursgateii.com.
Beamdog loves taking classic video games and updating them for modern gamers. Their smash successes Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition put isometric 2D roleplaying games on smartphones and tablets. Now they’re reaching even higher as they create their own in-house original content.
The Beamdog team is a small but savvy force concentrated in Edmonton, Canada, but also working from Russia, America, the UK, and other countries. The team isn’t based on geographical location, but on the enthusiasm and excitement employees have for building games. With the release of Siege of Dragonspear, an original expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Beamdog has shown its writers, artists, and programmers can bust their creative chops to make captivating content. Beamdog designs, develops, and distributes cool games that people want to play, and those goals will take them in many different directions in the future.
Scott Brooks, Coriander Dickinson, Keith Soleski, Nat Jones
Dave Gross, Nathan Willis, Mad Bee, Seth Davis
Alex Molzahn, Wesley Cann, Mike Wellman, Jonathan Hill
Andrew Foley, Alyssa Duguay
Sam Hulick - Music
Russ Rice - Level Artist
Liam Esler - Writer
Dee Pennyway - Manual & Customer Support
Andrea Colombo - Text and Italian Support
Jeff Payne - Technical QA
Emily Segura - Editor
Lorne Ledger, Pete Camagna, Laszlo Toth,
Liam Esler, Jeff Smyth, Alex Tomovic, Trevor Borg,
Yaroslav Kalyuzhnyy, Emily Segura
Mark Meer, Nicola Elbro, Gord Marriott,
Kendra Connor, Jeff Haslam, Clinton Carew, Matt Kloster,
Morgan Smith, Nathan Willis, Andrew Foley, Calebn Nelson,
Misha Marie Nelson
Russ Davis - Lead Writer
Zachary Holbrook - Writer
Matthew Rieder - Writer
Eloi Courchesne - Writer
Richard Barker - Editor
Alan Miranda - Producer